Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Young Adulthood Politics

I eat because I am hungry. I sleep because I am tired. I behave in the former way because I expect for the latter response. In general, I give for being paid back. It sounds very simple but stupid, but the nature of this principle can be interpreted in other very nasty ways.

Many of the girls at my high school were scums. They held hands when they were in a group, and they ferociously stabbed each other's back when I talked to them individually. I was the very lucky one to know all the bads in each of them; and I was the only one that could say they were filthy liars. Yesterday I received an Email from one of the girls, and she is in one of my summer courses. Neglecting the fact that she loves talking crap about her "best buddies", she is a good looking girl with great personalities, and she is always really helpful and nice, but there is something else in her that I don't appreciate at all. She only gives people a hand when she can perceive possible future returns. She told me she would try her very best to maintain the relationship with her boyfriend at least until university graduation because she didn't want to give up the concrete "A's" in her writing courses.

So let's get back to what happened yesterday. The Email I got was some answers of a randomized online quiz. We have been trying to gather all the answers and develop an answer database, so everyone will get 100% eventually; though, she is the only one sharing. At the end of the Email, her signature was "Super Duper Nice Joyce".

I believe it is not necessary even if you are intrinsically nice, or... super duper nice, or we are jerks because we haven't put in any effort at all. Or probably I'm being fussy and trying to pick on something tiny just to keep my blog running. Well anything works for me, but I'm just reminding myself not to behave in the ways that I don't like others' to do it to me.

Sorry Joyce, I still like you a lot, but that really fed me up.

No comments: